VarSome Clinical offers 3 ways of creating a new gene list:
- Copy and modify an existing gene list
- Create a new gene list
- Create a gene list from phenotypes
1. Copy and modify an existing gene list
Gene lists can be copied and edited. Clicking on will make a copy of a gene list.
This copy can be modified by clicking on : genes can be added or removed. Once you have finished editing the gene list, you can save the list either with the original name or with a new one.
2. Create a new gene list
- Click on "Create new gene list".
- A pop up form window appears, you just need to write a name for your gene list and paste the list of genes that you want to analyse. Important note: the gene names need to follow the HGNC (Hugo Gene Nomenclature Committee) standard (http://www.genenames.org/), if the gene names do not follow this rule you will get an error message after clicking on Save list.
3. Create a gene list from phenotypes
Browsing through gene lists
- Search gene lists by name:
- Toggle custom view:
- Display gene lists sorted by name or update date:
Edit an existing gene list
Gene lists can be edited and copied. Clicking on the "Copy" button will make a copy of a gene list.
Genes can be added or removed by clicking on the edit button. Once you have finished editing the gene list, you can save the list with either with the original name or with a new one.